Butt Augmentation: Brazilian Butt Lift vs. Butt Implants
The buttock augmentation procedure has become one of the more popular cosmetic procedures today because the right curves in all the right places is something every woman is after. The two primary ways cosmetic surgeons enhance the buttock to a more beautiful and curvy backside are butt implants and Brazilian butt lift. These procedures are very different from each other even though both make pronounced changes.
Brazilian Butt Lift
During a Brazilian butt lift procedure, fat is removed from selected areas of the body like the stomach or flank through liposuction. Once the fat is removed, it is purified then re-injected as donor cells into the buttocks. These injections are normally done in scores or very many injections along different quadrants, which gives the butt a more prominent and youthful form. The fat is injected at different depths which gives control over the appearance of the butt and improves fat survival.
Risks Involved With Brazilian Butt Lifts
Similar to any other cosmetic surgery, a Brazilian butt lift does have its risks. Some standard risks are bleeding, infection, pain, contour irregularity, fluid collection and asymmetry. Risks occur infrequently, so please talk to Dr. Berzin further.
- Experience of the surgeon – If not operated on by a licensed surgeon who knows what they are doing, a butt lift can go very wrong. You should ask the surgeon how many successful procedures they have performed because if the purified fat is injected wrong, it could leave an uneven butt or resorb in greater amounts than normal.
- Fat rejection – Again with the skills the surgeon brings to the table, if they do not inject the fat properly, your body could resorb the fat. If done correctly, the results will last for a long time.
Butt implants involve the insertion of synthetic implants like silicone implants to enhance the shape of the buttock. During the operation, the surgeon makes an incision in the buttocks area. This is done on the crease where the buttocks meet in order to cover up any scarring. A large pocket is then created in the flesh where the implant is inserted. In this procedure, liposuction might be necessary for contouring purposes. Butt implants are either inserted on top or under the muscle depending on the patient’s preferences and the surgeon’s advice.
Butt implants come with some risks that include:
- Infection – If the surgeon makes the incision within the butt crease then there will be a potential for contamination post operatively.
- Shift – In some cases, the implants shift and make the buttocks look uneven.
- Rupture – This is not very common but the implant could rupture. This would lead to removal and additional surgery.
The cost differences of butt lifts and butt implants
Butt lifts are generally more expensive than butt implants because of the liposuction techniques. The fee will vary greatly depending on the amount of fat harvested, the location and the procedure itself.
The ideal candidate for butt augmentation:
- Those who are over the age of 18.
- Those in good physical condition.
- Those with realistic expectations about the results.
Dr. Edward Berzin has been performing this and other plastic surgeries in the Houston area for nearly 2 decades. Contact Dr. Berzin for a free consultation and learn how he can help you decide the best procedure for your particular situation.